July 26, 2014

Menu Time

Monday - broccoli cheddar quinoa - I'm following the linked recipe except I'm not making them into cups, and because of that I won't add the eggs either. So I'll cook the quinoa, saute the onion and garlic, steam the broccoli, and then toss it all together with the cheese and serve it. (UPDATE: I ended up just throwing everything into one pot at the same time, except the cheese, cooking the quinoa as I normally would, and then tossing the cheese on top near the end. Much less work, one pot, and tasted great!)

Tuesday - pasta with sweet pea and pearl onion pesto and chicken

Wednesday - biscuits and gravy - Maybe with a juicy, ripe, Georgia peach? We'll see.

Thursday - tomatoes farcies (stuffed tomatoes) - This is a French dish that was requested by Olivier's girlfriend, Charlotte, who will be visiting for a couple weeks. I am combining a couple different recipes that I found, so if it turns out well I'll definitely post it. And we'll also be having cheesecake for Olivier's birthday : )

Friday - quinoa sausage balls - Marshall will be gone for the weekend, so I'm going to try out this recipe and see if I think he might like them. I hope the answer is yes because I will probably make enough for us to have them again from the freezer.

Saturday - herbed lentils and probably mushrooms - A common dinner for me when Marshall's gone. He likes lentils, but a big pile as a main dish isn't necessarily something he's crazy about....but I sure am!...Especially with a big pile of mushrooms right next to it!

Sunday - roast chicken, cheesy couscous, and whatever vegetable I buy at the market


I can't wait to stock up on all of my market favorites! Does anyone else get excited about grocery shopping, or is that just me?


No comments:

Post a Comment