October 20, 2013

Menu and Marathon Cooking

Tomorrow I have the day off. This means I am going to cook and bake with as much of my time as I can. As my Mom would say - marathon cooking! This is what I would call my therapeutic time in the kitchen. Marathon cooking has two meanings in this case. The first meaning is simply cooking A LOT. The second meaning is cooking to fuel myself for my marathon this weekend! Not sure what all I will be making tomorrow, but certainly muffins will be part of it. Got to have healthy breakfast for the week! I'll recap tomorrow's happenings in my kitchen mid-week. So excited to see what comes of it! 

Here is the menu:

Monday - chicken dumpling soup

Tuesday - meatball sandwiches (on homemade French bread with marinara, provolone, and giardiniera...Marshall's idea to add the giardiniera and it's delicious!)  

Wednesday - salsa chicken, rice, and peas (This meal almost never changes....got to have the rice and peas)

Friday - red potatoes, Italian sausage, and kale all sauteed together with olive oil salt, pepper, and cayenne

Saturday - simply baked chicken (lemon, salt, pepper) over orzo (or other pasta) tossed with lemon juice/zest, olive oil, and garlic

Sunday - marathon day!...will probably go out with Mom and Dad : )

No comments:

Post a Comment