October 13, 2013

Tiny Menu and Regularly Sized Muffin Recipe

This week my menu is very short! I'll be working the whole weekend and will be eating there, and on Thursday we have our Bible study as usual. And I will also add that last week became even more abnormal than I thought when we were unexpectedly taken out for sushi by a friend of ours! What a treat! This means that I will be making the pumpkin pasta tomorrow because I didn't get a chance to make it last week.

Monday-creamy pumpkin pasta with peas and toasted walnuts
Tuesday-beef and Guinness stew served on mashed potatoes
Wednesday-turkey panini with cranberry onion marmalade and fresh beans (following the recipe except I'm using chicken, monterey jack, and a Fuji apple)

I thought this would be a nice time to share this blueberry cream cheese muffin recipe with you. This is the muffin that I claimed was now in my top five favorite muffins in a previous post! I have made them twice and both times Marshall and I thought they were great. I followed the recipe given (used 1 C. white whole wheat flour, 1 C. all-purpose flour), but the first time I did not have fresh lemon. In place I used 1/4 tsp. lemon extract in the batter and in the filling. I really didn't prefer one way over the other but fresh lemon would still be my first pick. This one isn't quite as healthy as what I normally go for. That being said, it is far better for you than a huge buttery, sugary, 1000 calorie muffin you might find in a bakery or store. And THAT being said, I would also eat one of those now and then... : ) 

....with hopes that it wasn't actually 1000 calories.


1 comment:

  1. Your posts always make me smile! :) Trying the Cart Style Halal Chicken tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete