April 23, 2014

What I Ate Today

Breakfast

Self-explanatory fruit and a Mexican hot chocolate bite. Though a bit more speckled than I would normally prefer, that banana was really good. And I think we'd all agree that a girl's gotta have her chocolate, so let's not even go there.

Post-workout Snack

Chocolatey black bean protein ball (recipe to come). Sorry for this icky picture. I really don't like that big white spot, which happens to be an oat, because it draws all of the attention to itself. Eww.

Lunch

PB+J and carrots - I had lunch with Marshall and Olivier today as I commonly do on Wednesdays. It was a bit chilly and quite windy on that roof top garden! Glad I packed my lunch in Pyrex because it probably would have blown away otherwise. Haven't had PB+J in a while and it sure hit the spot!

Afternoon Snack

Celery, almonds, TJ's Wisconsin extra sharp white cheddar, and a glass of kombucha. I nibbled and sipped these things while I was doing some afternoon cooking.

Dinner

Chinese pork meatballs, rice, cauliflower, and you might be able to see that German beer in the background.

Dessert

One of these turtles. YUM!

As you can see, I had three different forms of chocolate today. Chocolate throughout the day and no guilt : )  Sounds like a great day, right?...I know I seem like I'm being a bad influence, but when you see the ingredients in the black bean protein balls, let me tell you - you are going to be surprised, and probably make them so you can also shamelessly eat your chocolate : )


No comments:

Post a Comment