July 7, 2014

A Reverse Menu

I normally post my menu for the upcoming week, but since I didn't post a menu last week I am going to give you the previous week's menu now. And since I'm headed to the Midwest tomorrow I won't be posting another menu for a couple of weeks. However, I do plan to share a couple of recipes. No promises, but I'm not planning to ditch the blog for the next two weeks. We'll see what I can do.

So here's what we ate last week:

Sunday - pasta with sweet pea and pearl onion pesto and chicken -- This recipe needs a bit of tweaking but it has great potential. When I figure out the right adjustments I'll post this.

Saturday - pierogies, brats, green beans

Friday - 4th of July cookout -- brats, Japanese sweet potatoes, creamed corn (courtesy of Caitlin -- SO good!), and dirt cups (courtesy of Erin -- thanks for fulfilling my request : )

Thursday - creme fraiche curry chicken pasta

Wednesday - kale salad with chicken, bacon, strawberries, walnuts, apples, red onion, and lemon poppy seed dressing -- I found a method which makes raw kale salads yummy! I have never been interested in raw kale before because it's so tough. But you just wait ; )

Tuesday - blueberry pancakes and bacon -- I've posted a link to this blueberry pancakes method before, but if you haven't taken the time to watch it, please do. I use my go-to pancake recipe (simple pancakes), but I use the method linked above. It takes blueberry pancakes to a whole new level.

Monday - honey lime sweet potato tacos


4th of July cookout

Left to right: Marshall, Rachel, Erin, Blake, Sam, Caitlin


Erin and Blake were some our first friends in Atlanta. They're moving in July, and this was our last chance to hangout. Erin and Blake, thanks for helping to acquaint us with this city. We value your friendship and hope to see you again! : )



No comments:

Post a Comment