August 24, 2014

A Short Menu + Fish and Chips Review

Just a short menu this week. On Friday we're going out with Theresa for dinner, and on Saturday I'll be working (as usual), so this menu just goes through Thursday. 

Monday - mancakes -- I'm telling you, you've got to make these!

Tuesday - pesto (with pinenuts) chicken on orzo

Wednesday - linguine carbonara

Thursday - chicken dumpling soup

For the past couple of weeks I have been extra careful to get the most for my money. My monthly budget was running low semi early on in the month, so I've been working with what I have in the pantry and freezer, and looking through all my recipes for things we really like that don't cost much. I actually really enjoy this challenge. Food is a blessing, a pleasure, and you shouldn't have to break the bank to enjoy it.....And, contrary to what seems to be a popular belief, cheap can even be healthy.

Speaking of healthy....

For anyone who thought I was overly concerned with my health, first of all, I'm eating bacon twice this week, and second of all...

...This


Yes, that happened in my kitchen. It was delicious! Never mind that it took a while for the fried smell to leave our little apartment, I was so happy to know that I am able to make good fish and chips from scratch.

The fries didn't come out as crispy as I was hoping, but both the fish and fries were tasty, and I will most likely make this again sometime using the same recipe.


Yes, we had broccoli on the side, but yes, I had another piece of fish after the one pictured here...And enjoyed every bite. Yummy, yummy, yummy.

In my dictionary, the definition of health includes indulging now and then. 

But dark chocolate doesn't really count as indulging. That can happen often ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment