August 24, 2013

Bonus Post! This Sandwich is Delicious!

I just had to do a quick post about this delicious sandwich we had for lunch today! I had this on my previous menu, along with This link. Because of our taste in cheese and the availability (and sale price) of fresh figs I did this sandwich quite differently than the link I gave. Here is the "recipe". It's very flexible and think of these more as guidelines. Make this how you think you'd prefer it. But whatever you do, eat it!

Fresh Fig and Cheese Paninis with Honey and Walnuts

·        4 slices of your bread of choice
·        Layer of mozzarella cheese (1 – 2 oz. per sandwich)
·        Generous drizzle of honey
·        A couple tablespoons of chopped walnuts
·        4 fresh figs, sliced (mine were brown turkey figs, I’m sure others would be fine)
·        Layer of farmers cheese (1 – 2 oz. per sandwich)*


-Putting this together barely requires instructions. Lay out your bread, place your mozzarella, drizzle the honey, sprinkle the walnuts, place the figs, and lay down your farmer’s cheese. I cooked my up like a grilled cheese since I don’t have a Panini press. Make sure to cook this on low heat (I used a lid) so the cheese is fully melted.


*You may not be able to find farmers cheese; I’m not sure how available it is. I think the flavor is pretty unique but you can cater the cheese for this sandwich to your taste anyway. Try Brie, Ricotta, provolone, Swiss  goat cheese….anything you like could work. I think I’d stay away from cheddar for this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment