August 18, 2013

Our Menu - And Blueberries!

This week's menu is a combination of super easy-fast meals for the days I get home late and exciting new recipes (That I may or may not have danced around the room because I was so excited about making....see Saturday's dinner)!

Mon - Cheese Ravioli with Marinara sauce and Italian sausage
Tue - Turkey Sausage Tortellini and Spinach Soup
Wed - Cheddar and Smoky Cherry Panini's
Thur - Sourdough Waffles, Bacon, and fruit (I'm hoping my honeydew will be ripe)
Fri - Kickoff picnic with Fellowship of Christian Graduate Students
Sat - Fig and Cheese Panini's with Honey and Walnuts
Sun - Grilled Brats (sides still to be decided)
Now to the blueberries! : )



Bundo took us to Super H Mart yesterday, a Korean grocery store, and one of the reasons I like going there is for their sometimes fantastic produce prices. Yesterday when I walked in I was greeted by beautiful blueberries, which makes me happy almost any day, but this particular day my reaction was a gleeful gasp followed by giggling when I saw the price. Here's a breakdown for you; I normally pay $2.50/pint on sale - yesterday I payed $1.50/1 and half pint containers! I bought 3! Which means that I paid $4.50 for what I would normally pay $8.75 (and that would be the sale price). I enjoy feeling such pleasure from simple things like the price of blueberries : )

No comments:

Post a Comment