October 7, 2013

An abnormal menu

The food I am cooking is not abnormal (at least not for us), but we have two nights that we will be eating dinner out of the house. We have a young couples dinner through our church that we are going to, and our normal Thursday Bible study group. To me it feels like I am hardly cooking this week! I will miss it for a couple of days, but it won't be too long of a break : )

Monday - shrimp scampi
Tuesday - red potatoes, turkey sausage, and kale sauteed together with olive oil salt, pepper, and cayenne
Friday - meatball sandwiches (with marinara and provolone, made on toasted homemade French bread)
Saturday - creamy pumpkin pasta with peas and toasted walnuts
Sunday - Irish potato soup

Tuesday's dinner is one of my favorite things to make for a quick weeknight dinner. The potatoes take a bit of time to cook, but if you plan ahead and steam them the night before (as I am doing right now : ) you can have it all prepared in 30 minutes or less after getting home. It's so simple...7 ingredients including the salt and pepper, which barely count as ingredients to me! Healthy, quick, delicious....another win-win-win!

I plan to give a little review of our pumpkin pasta once we've had it. Since I bought my first pumpkin a bit earlier than I thought they would be available I decided it would be fun to experiment a bit with some new recipes. I thought I could wait a little longer for our all-time favorites. My pumpkin gave me 4 1/2 cups though, so I was able to make some favorites and experiment!

We didn't have soup last Sunday (though homemade spaghetti is/was a well-worth-it replacement), so Marshall will be very happy to get another soup...and Irish potato at that! I've made this particular recipe a couple of times now and have been working on perfecting it (to our taste that is). I will share it when I have it just right.

My opinion about green smoothies and my favorite combos will soon be revealed.... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment