November 18, 2013

Menu and Cassoulet

Monday - fennel-potato-turkey sausage bake
Tuesday - biscuits and gravy topped with poached eggs, sliced pears - this time I will actually make it!...it got pushed off the menu a couple of times due to the longer life of the breakfast sausage compared to other things I ended up having in my fridge.
Wednesday - Curried Pumpkin Pasta with Chicken, Peas, and Toasted Walnuts
Friday - duck broth with orange spiced duck dumplings  - My duck was thawed for a previous meal, so I made the components for this soup on a morning that I had off of work and put it all in the freezer for a quick meal at a later point in time. I think of these dumplings more as meatballs after making them.

I'm leaving the weekend "open" this time as far as cooking. Probably a chicken soup, but maybe a chicken veggie stir fry, or maybe something entirely different...not quite sure.

I know that I mentioned  a couple of weeks ago that I was going to share a healthy pumpkin muffin recipe that I created and I never did. The reason is because they were great when they were fresh, but a couple of days later I felt like they did need a bit of changing. I will most likely try out another new and improved version on Wednesday or Thursday, and I will share the recipe as soon as I have it just right!


One more thing - everyone, please do yourself a favor and make this Cassoulet!



It took 3 hours (not including soaking the beans, cutting my duck and making the duck confit because that happens the day before), but it was not too difficult and so tasty!

There isn't much  to say concerning the process of cutting my duck, but it went something like this: 

"ehhhh....this feels nothing like a chicken!" 

I then proceeded to cut it up following the same procedure as for a chicken and didn't run into any trouble : )

No comments:

Post a Comment