January 18, 2014

Dinner Menu - Snacks - Oatmeal

Monday - sliced bratwurst in sauerkraut (made with apples, onions, bacon, and beer)
Wednesday - baked French onion soup
Thursday - buttery leek and sausage pasta
Friday - homemade spaghetti and bread
Sunday - chicken tortilla soup

Dinner veggies for the week: kale, spinach, leeks, and probably green beans (they didn't look good today, but hopefully there will be some new beans on Wednesday!)

Some breakfasts and snacks I'll make during/for the week: hard-boiled eggs, green smoothies, blueberry cream cheese muffins, and chocolate chip cookie balls.

I have a new favorite way to make oatmeal lately...

Cook oats in half milk half water (any kind of milk will do), when most of the liquid is absorbed I add a sliced banana for the last couple minutes of cooking, then transfer to a bowl and top with dark chocolate chips. I prefer to put the chocolate in, give it a stir, and eat it immediately so that the chocolate isn't completely melted, but do as you please : )

I have learned that the key to making good oatmeal is adding that pinch of salt that Quaker calls "optional"....it's actually not optional.....do yourself a favor and add the salt. I had been tired of oatmeal and didn't really like it for a while, but now I have been enjoying it again thanks to the salt, banana and chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment