February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day and Snowy View

Here is our Valentines Day treat!


This cake didn't turn out perfectly, but because of that I got to taste it already! I'll explain for those who haven't noticed what went wrong. 

I tipped my pan upside down with my hand supporting the cake ready to see something beautiful and, though I am still very happy with it, a portion of the cake decided to hang out in the pan. That's what all those bumps on the inside of the ring are from. Which means.....I got to taste what was stuck : )

It was very good and definitely not your average chocolate cake. Moist and kind of dense. Plus, if that doesn't sound good enough, it is also covered in chocolate ganache.  

We will be enjoying this tomorrow night : )

Here is a peak at our second snow-apocalypse 


This is the view I got to enjoy from standing in my kitchen (or sitting on the couch) on Wednesday. I sure don't feel like I'm in Atlanta right now! (However, it is basically gone already).

No comments:

Post a Comment