February 15, 2014

Menu and Veggie Trivia

Monday - curried salmon soup

Wednesday - cheese ravioli in lemon-parsley-olive oil sauce sprinkled with Parmesan

Thursday - creamy macaroni and cheese

Friday - spaghetti carbonara

Sunday - Parmesan crusted tilapia

Our second snow storm interrupted my rescheduled trip to the market that was cancelled due to the first snow storm, so I didn't get to go again. This week I am supposed to be going (So it will probably snow) and this is my menu assuming I make it there : )

I have no idea what we'll be  having for vegetables this week because it all depends on what looks good and is priced well at the market. But, as usual, I will be buying kale and hopefully Brussels sprouts.

Saying "Brussels sprouts" reminds me of something I've been wanting to tell you! Typically, you see people type brussel sprouts (including me), but my blog always tells me that it's a typo via a squiggly red line. I got tired of not knowing why it was doing that and I looked it up. Turns out they are actually supposed to be called "Brussels sprouts" because they have been popular in Brussels, Belgium for a long time (and maybe originated there.....thank you Wikipedia). so from now on I will be calling them Brussels sprouts with a capital "B" and an "s" at the end. What could be more exciting than the history of vegetables? : )

I can confirm for you that the sour cream chocolate bundt cake was very good! Marshall and I are not that crazy about cakes in general, but this is worth eating (again and again and again). Moist and dense and chocolatey, but somehow not too heavy. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment