August 4, 2014

Menu - And Two Days Past One Year!

I just realized it's two days past one year since I started this blog! I'd say time flies, but I actually feel like I've been doing this for quite some time. Maybe a year is actually the same amount of time every year after all.

Here's our menu for the week:


Monday - creme fraiche curry chicken on rice, kale on the side

Tuesday - pizzas with friends (1 sausage, 1 Hawaiian) and their Chinese dumplings!

Wednesday - homemade buckwheat pasta with vegetables (roasted tomatoes and garlic, and sauteed onions, kale, and green beans)

Thursday - Mancakes and pineapple -- Yummy corn cakes with bacon, onions, and cheese. You may have noticed these on our menu in the past. We really enjoy these, and I definitely recommend them (We just had them for breakfast yesterday too).

Friday - millet/quinoa sausage bites served on sauteed kale -- I made these last week with a mix of quinoa and millet (due to being low on quinoa) and they were delicious! However, I made them slightly different than the link. 1/2 cup grains (measured dry) cooked ahead of time, 1 lb. breakfast sausage (I'm using sweet Italian this time. UPDATE: These were far better with the breakfast sausage. I wouldn't recommend making them with sweet Italian), 2 green onions, 2 garlic cloves, and 2 oz. grated cheddar cheese. Mix it all together, roll them into Tablespoon size balls, and throw in the preheated 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Done and yum! But I'd actually recommend not throwing them into the oven, but simply placing them on a lined baking sheet and gently placing the tray into the oven ; )

Saturday will be filled with blueberry picking and babysitting, so not sure what food will look like -- except blueberries : )

Sunday - crepe day -- we've been enjoying buckwheat crepes with egg, cheese, and onion in them. Occasionally we make a batch of crepe batter and have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and experiment with different fillings. It's fun : )


1 comment:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I have been inspired by your menus and healthy eating...and ambition! but...most of all I love the connection to you and Marshall! :)

    ReplyDelete