August 31, 2014

The Next Two Weeks of Eats

This is less of a menu and more of a list of things I will probably eat for lunch and/or dinner in the next two weeks. I already have the ingredients to make the things listed below, so that is most likely what I will be preparing.


  • Sauteed kale and onions with over easy eggs on top
  • Mexican millet -- Millet cooked with chili powder and cumin, mixed with sauteed black beans, corn, onions, and red pepper, topped with cheddar, an egg, and salsa.
  • herby and spicy baked sweet potatoes and white beans -- Peel and slice the sweet potato into small pieces. Toss with a little oil, salt, chili powder to taste, plenty of oregano, and the white beans. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 
  • herbed lentils and sauteed mushrooms
  • A baked sweet potato with peanut butter and cinnamon -- I know this probably sounds quite strange to most of you. I've seen this combination floating around the world of food blogs, and since I know it will be filling enough for a meal, that's when I'm going to eat it. 
  • mushroom barley soup
  • chili-lime-garlic swai fish over wild rice and sauteed broccoli with onions

Most of you probably guessed based on my menu that Marshall is out of town. My primary sources of protein while he is gone are eggs, beans, lentils, and peanut butter...Peanut butter being my favorite : ) 

I much prefer to have Marshall home, but when he is gone I take advantage of eating many things I love that wouldn't thrill him. Namely, mushrooms and zucchini. 

There is much joy to be had in preparing food for others. It is one of my favorite ways to serve others, and to show people that I love and appreciate them. In spite of this, I really do enjoy choosing meals based only on what I like and what I want now and then. Anybody with me on that? 

Here's to cooking for one! ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment