October 5, 2014

A Small Recipe Round-up

Psst - I have a secret to share with you....

My menu does not always end up happening the way I post it....Gasp!

I'm sure this actually isn't shocking since I'm a real person and, as we all know, life brings many surprises, but I thought it was only fair that I tell you.

Last week turned out slightly different than I expected (just Saturday), and I know that the coming week is a bit up in the air, so this week I am just going to post some of  the things we have eaten in the past that may have never made the blog, including some recipes I'll manage to make this week. There are dinner, muffin, and other snack/breakfast recipes, so make sure you check them all out!

Dinner Ideas:

Turkey quinoa meatballs with an easy creamy tomato sauce- I've never made these...Really hoping they're good. No pasta underneath....Just quinoa on the inside. So just a big ole pile of meatballs : ) ....And a vegetable.

Cheeseburger pasta - Made this for the first time last night. Turned out pretty well!

Homemade gnocchi (Making this tomorrow) - Much easier than it may sound! I'll serve this with a butter and fresh thyme sauce (maybe with some onions), and sauteed cabbage on the side. Anyone interested in the homemade gnocchi recipe?

Smoked Gouda and leek stuffed chicken breasts - I only made this once, but it was oh so good!

Chicken and black bean enchilada skillet - Marshall said this had too much meat. I found that a bit surprising! We both liked this so I'll definitely make it again, but with less chicken and more cheese.

Quinoa sausage bites - I like to serve these over a pile of sauteed kale. I cooked 1 cup of dry quinoa instead of using 1 cup of cooked, so obviously much more quinoa than the recipe calls for, but we liked them this way. OH, and I used cheddar, not goat cheese. The breakfast sausage is really what makes these so good.

Muffin recipes:

Apple cheddar muffins - I wasn't sure about these prior to making them, but they were delightful.

Banana Nutella muffins

Chocolate zucchini muffins

Snack/breakfast recipes:

Apple peanut butter snack bars

5 minute power bars - I tossed 1/2 cup dried apricots, 1/2 cup craisins, 1 cup cashews, 1/2 cup pecans, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 coconut oil, and 1/4 cup honey into my blender, blended until it was as smooth as it would get, pressed it into a lined pan, and put them into the fridge. Cut and eat as you please! We actually prefer them frozen, but either way works.

Muesli - Oh how I enjoy this.


I just bought my first pumpkin of the season (Eek!), so get ready for some pumpkin recipes!

Yay for October!


No comments:

Post a Comment