October 27, 2014

Menu + Baking Recap and Plans

Monday - leek-potato-sausage soup with homemade bread -- Even though the Fall weather has completely disappeared and the highs for next three days are in the 80's, I still feel like Fall cooking. Soup is a year-round thing for us anyway, but it's just so comforting when it's chilly outside. I guess I'll have to wait a bit for that part...

Tuesday - sausage-potato-kale skillet

Wednesday - pork lo mein - I combined several different recipes to come up with how I plan to make this. I hope it's good enough to make the blog in the near future.

Thursday - Dinner with our church group -- I'm contributing peanut butter cookie dough brownie bars. A gluten free version so everyone can enjoy them!

Friday - apple pork roast - Pork, cider, apples, onions, salt, slow cooker, several hours = Dinner!



For the last couple of days I've had a strong desire to bake. Plans got in the way, and other than a pumpkin bread I didn't manage to bake until today.

I have my sandwich bread baking in the oven, French bread rising on my counter to have with dinner, and I plan to make green tea cupcakes with green tea buttercream frosting either tonight or tomorrow.

The problem with me having an itch to bake is that there are only two of us right now. however, these desires of mine are good news for our friends/neighbors, because sometimes they inherit the products of my labor!...

....And no, there are not any apartments available around us ; )


Happy end of October!



No comments:

Post a Comment