March 30, 2015

Menu

Monday - Salmon cakes (minus dill, plus garlic powder) with a creamy chive sauce, sesame roasted sweet potatoes on the side -- If these salmon cakes turn out well I'll do my own post because I didn't really follow the recipe (they're chilling in the fridge right now). The sesame roasted sweet potato recipe was sent my way by Jess, and little did she know, I had everything to make it on hand and had been trying to figure out a plan for the tahini and cilantro in my fridge! I just made them for my lunch and they were great! The only problem is that I still have more tahini and ciltrano. Guess I'm making them again with dinner tonight : ) Thanks Jess!

Tuesday - Mancakes, fruit on the side

Wednesday - Our regular pesto pasta with toasted walnuts -- If you don't know what I'm talking about you can find the description in this post.

Thursday - Fox Bros BBQ with our house church. I've heard this place is great so I'm looking forward to it!

Friday - Sausage veggie pasta - I'll probably put Brussels sprouts, kale, tomatoes, and a mixture of olives with the sausage. If the sausage fat and juice from the cooked tomatoes isn't enough "sauce" I'll drizzle on some olive oil at the end.


I've stopped making a menu plan for the weekend and started embracing spontaneity on those days. I usually have some idea of what I want to cook, and if we're having people over or I'm planning a special meal for the two of us then I will stick with a plan, but since I often don't know what we'll be up to on the weekends it's kind of fun to just go with the flow and figure it out as I go : )


No comments:

Post a Comment