March 24, 2015

Menu and Pictures from My Trip with Theresa

Monday - Knephle soup in bread bowls purchased at Panera -- I still have to perfect my bread bowl making.

Tuesday - Breakfast burritos -- Sausage, eggs, cheese, potatoes, and onions, tossed in a tortilla with toppings of choice. Salsa for me, and Marshall will probably add sour cream.

Wednesday - Pesto pasta -- The usual lately, which is Trader Joe's pesto and quinoa sauce tossed with either whole wheat pasta or Trader Joe's brown rice/quinoa pasta, topped with toasted walnuts. Yum!

Thursday - Shepherd's pie - I'm using this as a base recipe but I'll change it a bit based on what I have.

Friday - Shrimp scampi and roasted Brussels sprouts -- Shrimp cooked in an herby and buttery sauce, eaten over pasta.


Here are a few pictures from the trip I took with Theresa! : )


Theresa and I at Yosemite


Me at the Golden Gate Bridge


Theresa and I at the Golden Gate Bridge. There actually is a decent picture of us as well, but we took about 20 pictures trying to get a good one, so I thought it would be funny to give a clearer picture of what our time there was actually like : )


The next two pictures are from the Las Vegas Forum Shops Mall. It was such a neat place. It looked really fancy when you walked in, but at first it looked nothing like you see in these pictures. Just a really impressive European looking style, and then it suddenly changed to looking as if you were outside. We walked around for a long time just because it was so cool. And right when you enter the mall there was a spiral escalator! I had never seen one of those before. 





Me in front of the Bellagio in Las Vegas.


The next two pictures are from a place called Solvang. Solvang is a really cute town in California that was founded by Danish people. It really looks European (Theresa said so herself)! We were there for a very short time but I did manage to grab a Danish pastry before hopping back on the bus and it was delicious. These pictures don't really do it justice, but if you're ever driving between LA and San Franciso you should stop in Solvang even if it's out of the way : ) 





Well, that's a wrap! Hope you enjoyed seeing a glimpse of our trip.



1 comment: