June 6, 2015

Salsa Chicken - A Quick and Easy Delicious Dinner

I haven't posted a recipe in so long! This almost seems like cheating to me because this is a recipe I have been making for years and just never thought about posting. But when you've been making something for years there's usually a good reason! Besides being really tasty, this recipe has only 4 ingredients and takes only a few minutes of hands-on time.

I almost always serve this with rice and peas as seen in the photo below. The excess salsa and cheese from the pan can be poured over the rice as a sauce. Definitely kicks plain rice up a notch (or two!).




My favorite way to cook is without a recipe. That can either mean I have the recipe memorized, or that it's a recipe that is totally customizable. This dish kind of falls into both categories. I never change what ingredients I use, but I never measure anything for this, so how much of each ingredient I use does change. I gave my best estimates for the recipe, but everything should really be done according to your liking, and you'll figure out just how you like it after making it a few times. Other cheeses could definitely work here, but after trying a couple Marshall and I much preferred the Colby Jack so now I stick with that. 

This is one of those quick and easy dinners that is delicious and special enough for guests. I have served this to many a guest all of whom enjoyed it.


Salsa Chicken


Ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts - as many as you would like to make
Taco seasoning - about 1 tsp. per chicken breast
Salsa - 1/4 - 1/3 cup per chicken breast
Colby Jack cheese - about 1/4 cup per chicken breast

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with taco seasoning and place in a large enough oven-safe dish. Cover each chicken breast with salsa and bake for 25 minutes. Spread cheese out evenly on top and place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through. Of course the cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts. The chicken breasts I buy are generally on the small end, so adjust your time accordingly.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment