August 1, 2015

I'm Back with a Menu! Recipes to Come

After a month in Bristol with essentially no kitchen (Just a microwave and a toaster) I am SO happy to be cooking again.


 


There was definitely some good that came out of having no kitchen though. First of all, it forced me to take a break from cooking and enjoy my surroundings in the UK.




And second, I now have a few recipes to share with you that require no cooking at all! No microwave, no boiling water, no oven, nothing. Just a few basic tools.




I'm looking forward to sharing those recipes, but in the meantime I will just share my menu. This menu is partially the past and partially the future, so obviously the first part about the past won't change, though I don't have a completely set plan for the coming days. It will be close to this though.


Wednesday (first dinner home after a month away) - Herbed lentils, fondant potatoes, and sauteed cabbage

Thursday - Homemade pizzas with friends -- One deep dish, one thin crust, watermelon agua fresca to drink. and a delicious chocolate pudding for dessert -- Yum!

Friday - Penne with steak and balsamic dijon sauce, sauteed cabbage and homemade bread on the side -- This dish was great, though it may have ruined balsamic vinaigrette on salad forever because I now know how delicious it is on steak and pasta. This sauce is a basic balsamic, olive oil, dijon dressing, so now it will seem boring on salad : )

Saturday - Probably the same thing as Wednesday

Sunday - Turkey quinoa meatballs with a basic tomato sauce, roasted broccoli, and mashed potatoes

Monday - Crockpot cabbage rolls

Tuesday - Broccoli cheddar quinoa


So there you have it. First menu in a long time! And you can expect a recipe in the near future : )


2 comments:

  1. Good to see you home, cooking and blogging again! Hey! the building behind you and Marshall is the color of Blenheim Palace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While in England I had very little motivation to blog, but as soon as I got home I couldn't wait to start again! That's true, the color is basically the same. We are in Bath in that picture.

    ReplyDelete