January 31, 2016

Menu - Fridge and Pantry Cooking

Monday - Smoked apple chardonnay chicken sausages (From TJ's), fried plantains, sauteed kale, and leftover bread

Tuesday - Lasagna from the freezer, roasted parsnips and carrots

Wednesday - Massaged kale salad with farro, cranberries, sweet potatoes, apples and nuts (recipe coming soon!), and bread

Thursday - Sweet potato "alfredo", broccoli

Friday - Probably leftovers from the week : )


This week came with the same challenge as last week - still trying to wisely use perishable items I have on hand. Certainly a blessing though so I'm not complaining! Tim brought over a ton of kale before he left to travel and I don't want any of it to go to waste! Good thing Marshall and I like kale : ) ...I was even inspired to create a new salad with it last week that was delicious and I'm making it again this week.

I have kind of a busy week so most of these meals are pretty quick. It's nice to have a repertoire of healthy fast meals for times like this. I've never made the sweet potato already and I'm really hoping it's a keeper. I went from not liking sweet potatoes a couple years ago to them being one of my favorites!



No comments:

Post a Comment