January 27, 2016

What I Ate Wednesday

It's been a long time since I've posted a What I Ate Wednesday! This is what I ate yesterday. Yesterday was unusual because Estella woke up at 6ish instead of her usual 7, and then fell asleep around 7 again and slept in her chair for two hours! This meant I had time to enjoy some tea and reading all by myself! I also had some kombucha, and of course water.




For breakfast I had banana-cinnamon-almond muesli. It's not uncommon for me to have a snack before lunch, but muesli is pretty filling so I didn't need anything today.




For lunch I had vegetable and sausage stew - Love this! It has Brussels sprouts, fennel, butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, onion, and sausage. Some chicken broth and tomatoes create the base. Yum! Thanks for making it, Mom and Jessica!




For a snack I had half an avocado with some chipotle bbq Beanitos - chips made of black beans! They have a few varieties of bean types and flavors and all the kinds I've tried are good. 




For dinner we had chickpea salad. I tweaked the recipe a little bit to suit our taste and I didn't mash the chickpeas. It was tasty. I ate mine on a bed of spinach and Marshall had his on a slice of bread. The chickpeas were hard for him to keep on the bread though. That would have worked better if I had mashed them. I want to make a version of this with curry flavors next time!




Unfortunately, this day did not end with dark chocolate like I had planned....That was really just because I forgot though so it's not too sad. I'll have some tonight : ) ...If I remember. 



No comments:

Post a Comment