March 16, 2016

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey there! I want to share another day of eats with you today. This is everything I ate yesterday.

I started the day with some cocoa porridge with maple syrup and hazelnuts. I made a small cup of coffee with almond milk, but since I haven't had much caffeine at all in a year I can only handle about 2 oz. of coffee at a time or I don't feel well. I'm fine with not being able to tolerate much caffeine so I'm mostly still not consuming it, but I love coffee with oatmeal so I had a little bit today : )




My lunch was a piece of toast with zesty carrot hummus, avocado slices, and an egg - YUM! I add an egg to my lunch whenever possible because I love them so much. This was delicious.




A couple hours later I had a Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bar. This recipe is one of my current favorites. It was great with my cold leftover coffee.




Before I went to babysit I had a peanut butter filled date, and I brought an apple with me to eat there.




This is a recycled picture because I forgot to take one before eating my dinner, but we had this Massaged Kale Salad with Farro Cranberries Hazelnuts and Apple along with some homemade bread. I didn't use sweet potatoes this time, and this picture has almonds instead of hazelnuts. I've been loving salads lately, this one in particular.




Today I had dessert, which was Chocolate Avocado Mousse. The first time I tasted this I wasn't crazy about it, but since I made the batch I thought I would keep trying it. By the second or third time I really liked it. I will definitely make it again. It's so rich and yummy that a small cup is really satisfying. It has become one of my favorite treats. Yay for desserts that are delicious and nutritious!




There is a lot more to life than food, but since we do need to eat every day I love that it can be so enjoyable. Food is a reminder of how abundantly blessed we are, and feeding my family a nourishing diet is something that I am not only passionate about, but I am also thankful to  have the resources to do. May your diet not control you but be something that triggers you to count your blessings.


Happy eating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment