August 28, 2013

Fresh Figs? Yes, Please!

Just another reason to love reading the grocery ad! And if you think using the word love there is a bit strong, just ask Marshall if it's true. I do love it. I don't believe I had ever considered fresh figs until they were buy one get one free last week. That's a good reason to try almost anything! I first bought Brown Turkey figs which I enjoyed, and this week I bought Black Mission figs which I enjoyed equally. Who knew you could eat the whole fig?! Be honest - doesn't the outside look unappealing and tough? I think so! In reality it tastes oh so delicious.

 
I made this Fresh Fig and Cheese Sandwich with Honey and Walnuts, which earned it's own whole post, as well as this Fig and Chocolate Bread which was also delicious (I'll be trying and sharing a 'healthi-fied' version of this in the semi-near future for those of you who are interested).


Anyone tempted? They are not around long, so if you can find them now, buy them now! Any experts in the realm of figs who might have recipes to share?

One final word - don't miss the fig season!

1 comment:

  1. Bring on the figs! I will search for them this week, even though Dad is uncomfortable just at the mention of them!

    ReplyDelete