September 7, 2013

Menu

Monday - Trader Joes vodka sauce on linguine with Italian sausage (1 jar of sauce is 2 meals for us, so I'm repeating last week's meal since we liked it!)

Wednesday - burgers stuffed with extra sharp cheddar cheese, honey mustard and onion pretezels, and whatever fruit/veggie I have around

Thursday - baked lime-herb salmon, simple roasted red potatoes and brussel sprouts (olive oil, salt and pepper - simple and tasty)

Friday - blueberried French toast (Thanks for the idea Mom S.!) 

Saturday - pocazzia....do I have anybody confused? This is a name Marshall and I made up for a twist on a recipe idea from my Mom. This will be pizza-style focaccia with drizzled olive oil instead of sauce and sauteed fennel and onioins as toppings. And of course there will be a lot of mozzarella : )

Sunday - wonton soup - this is delicious and highly recommended!

I haven't had a burger for a long time and I'm really looking forward to it. Especially since I just lugged home a 16 lb. bag of charcoal so that Marshall could grill them : ) ...the lugging wasn't as bad as it could have been since I was able to hop on the grocery shuttle and had to walk a minimal distance with it compared to if I had to walk the whole way!

After we have pocazzia I'll give a short review of what we thought. I can't imagine it being anything but good, but I guess we will find out on Saturday : ) 

Before you miss the obvious hyperlink for wonton soup, commit to making
it (wonton soup!) soon! It will be worth the effort of all the wonton wrapping.

And mostly for the sake of sharing a picture, here is a picture of Marshall and I that our friend just sent to us a couple of days ago from when we went to the aquarium.

2 comments:

  1. Although I really like the food photos I especially like the photo of you and Marshall! (side note...I am reminded how much I love your coat) I hope you enjoyed the blueberried french toast. :)

    I wanted to send a photo of a recent breakfast. (but I gobbled it down to quickly) You would be proud...I made a paleo pancake (banana, almond meal, egg) and blueberried it, then, I almost went for the syrup but instead I topped it with a sliced peach. It was fabulous! So tasty, hearty and good for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be having the French toast on Friday. I'll let you know what we think! That pancake sounds delicious, especially topped with a peach. Sounds like a great way to start you day : )

      Delete