September 5, 2013

Muffins Muffins Muffins!

Over the past week or two I made a lot of muffins! I basically always have muffins around because I have found several healthy kinds that I really enjoy for breakfast or an afternoon snack (or anytime at all). And as I mentioned in my last post, they are so great for travelling with.

 The first recipe I'll share with you today is for Sourdough Oatmeal Raisin Muffins.
I have never made this exactly according to this recipe though. I use white whole wheat flour (link for anyone who is un-familiar with it), and have also reduced the brown sugar and raisins and added a mashed overripe banana in their place. They've turned out well every way I've tried them. I quickly pulled these out of the freezer to snap a picture for you and threw them back in! 

The second recipe I'll share is for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins.
These are basically the opposite of why I normally have muffins around. But they were requested by Marshall and oh so delicious! Nothing healthy about these, but I'm all for everything in moderation! I recommend these....and don't leave off the glaze if you make them....I think it's a fabulous and important finishing touch.

I am not actually going to share the next recipe...but I'll show a picture!
I know I seem mean throwing a picture of a tasty muffin with a bite out of it at you and not giving the recipe, but it's not perfect. These are based off the recipe I shared for Fig and Chocolate Bread but I modified the recipe as promised and made them into muffins instead of a bread. Now, the reason I am not sharing it yet is because I didn't have the ingredients necessary to make these the way I wanted to. I didn't have unsweetened applesauce or bananas. That being said, though the fig season may pass before I get to make these the way I planned, I will still try out the changes with other add-ins and share the completed version of the modified fig and chocolate muffin in the future. This particular batch was made with fresh figs, chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts. Tasty combo! 

Does anybody else think muffins are as great of an invention as I do? Shout it out if you agree! (you can literally do that if you would like, though that wasn't my original intent)

1 comment:

  1. I'm shouting out...I LOVE MUFFINS! THEY ARE A WONDERFUL INVENTION!

    ReplyDelete