December 11, 2013

What I Ate Last Thursday

Before I share the "real" post, here is a link to the revised Coconut Curry Soup. I only made a couple of small changes, but they were changes nonetheless.

I generally know approximately what I am going to eat in a day. Dinner is basically always planned, breakfast is often planned, and lunch is usually formed in my head some time after breakfast. Having a plan helps me to eat healthy, rather than just eating whatever happens to sound good at the time. I'm kind of a grazer. I eat 3 meals and usually 2-3 snacks in a day. Sine I think it is healthy to eat every 3-4 hours I generally eat smallish meals and small snacks in between meals if I am hungry - "if I am hungry" is the key phrase. I am not a perfect eater, and there are definitely days I just want to snack, snack, snack. But I think the best way to eat is by hunger. Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're hunger is satisfied. Easy to say, not always so easy apply. Anyway, here's a look at my eats!

That gross looking brown stuff in my cute little blue mug was chocolate coffee chia pudding, and just happened to be delicious!...Half an orange and a glass of almond milk.

 I was making cappuccino flats and I just had to taste one : )...though it was not nearly as good as the completed dipped cookie....was still tasty

 Chickpea curry that was given to us by a friend (yummy!) and some bell peppers.

 An apple, Fuji to be exact.

 Passion fruit tea and an apple cinnamon muffin.

I didn't manage to get pictures of my dinner, but it was two soft shell tacos, a few tortilla chips, and some pineapple and orange. This was followed by a piece of cranberry bread.

 I knew what I was going to be eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today, but I didn't plan my snacks. I didn't know I was going to eat a cookie, and I also didn't know that I was going to make cranberry bread to bring for our Bible study group. Because of those extra baked goods I had a bit more refined sugar than normal, and I also didn't manage to consume as many veggies as normal. But that's life and I have no regrets about eating those yummy baked goods! I'd still consider this a fairly healthy day of eating. And by the way, the next day when those cookies were completed, I had more than 1 and less than 3. Ya know, after consuming a large green smoothie for breakfast : )


No comments:

Post a Comment