March 20, 2014

5 Unhealthy Foods I Love And Will Never Give Up Or Modify

Before I offend anybody with my opinions about not harming these deliciously unhealthy foods with something healthy, just know that I would love to hear if you have tried something successful (or unsuccessful) with any of these dishes. You can certainly make your own decisions about what to eat : )

Now to the food!

  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
    • As I say in my little bio "...nothing is better than a warm, homemade chocolate chip cookie". I would consider it nearly a crime to use whole wheat flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, or flax seed "eggs" in a chocolate chip cookie. Make them right or don't make them.
  • Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
    • I don't think I have ever seen a "healthified" version of biscuits and gravy. Probably because it would be impossible to make it any good. Give me that delicious ole' pile of carbs and fat and I'm happy! 
  • THIS Strawberry Jam
    • I have never considered jam to be anything but sugar anyway. Yes, there is fruit, but it's drowning in sugar. I don't mind. How much jam do you really put on a piece of toast anyway? Won't be finding any sugar-free or chia seed jam in my fridge. Plus, Marshall really likes this jam!
  • Cheesy Sausage Dip
    • This dip is made of Velveeta, salsa, and sausage. I don't need to explain why this isn't healthy. However, making this dip is not a common occurrence. So when I do make it, I eat it and I enjoy it. No questions asked, no guilt. 

  • Cheesecake
    • No reduced sugar, low-fat cheesecake for me! I would much prefer to eat it rarely and eat it right.

Any favorites you would never dare change?

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Great post. Totally on board with #1 and #3. I've never had #4, but it seems like there would be a way to make it with healthy ingredients (if you believe fat is healthy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely a believer in dietary fat : ) It took me a while to come to that conclusion though.

      Delete
  2. I am definitely with you on the chocolate chip cookies and the cheesecake! I probably have too many others I would also add. =) ...just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marshall and I started today with a cookie and thought of you ; )

      Delete