June 22, 2014

An Abnormal Exciting Weekend

I said in my last menu that I didn't have a weekend plan, so here's a bit of what we ate and did this weekend.


Look who came to visit! Can you see him? He's in the mirror. 

It's Alex!


If you have ever spent time in Atlanta you may know that when it rains it POURS! This picture was taken during one of those rains. We could barely see at all so we stopped in a parking lot. Rain is a serious thing here! I wouldn't recommend living here without having either rain boots or a car. I chose rain boots : )

When we found out Alex was coming we were planning to grill, but the humid nineties kept us inside for dinner. 

We had THESE burgers.


So I made the burgers pictured above on the stove-top, but they were still delicious! Huge burgers though....they should have been a little smaller. Oh well! They are Mexican spiced pork burgers with cheese, shrimp (yes, shrimp on the burger), and a paprika-lime mayo. A lot of ingredients but not a lot of work.

On Saturday we went out for lunch to a place called La Fonda. 


I had tilapia tacos. I've had these before at this place and they are quite good. Marshall and Alex had beef burritos that they said were good, but not great. I recommend going here for the fish tacos or the paella if you're ever in Atlanta. Alex excitedly found the horchata (sweetened cinnamon rice milk) on the menu and I decided to join them in their enjoyment of this drink. A tidbit sweet for me, but so tasty!

We had a great time this weekend with our unexpected guest! After bowling, Sublime Donuts, Settlers of Catan, and my first time seeing Frozen, I feel ready for the week ahead! And I'm only working half of this week, so I hope to adventure into some German cooking soon. 

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment