June 18, 2014

German and Danish Food

I'd like to introduce you to some of the delicious food we ate in Germany and Denmark. These are the dishes that stood out the most.

Weisswurst, pretzels, and beer

I've had weisswurst in the U.S. before and it's okay, but it was very good in Munich! And I failed to get this part in the picture, but there's a really tasty sweet mustard to have with both the sausage and pretzel. And a little side note about this meal - it was breakfast! It's traditional so we did it one time. Only in Bavaria....

Schweinshaxe

This is crispy pork knuckle. The inside was tender and juicy and the outside was crunchy. Surprisingly, Marshall didn't like this as much as I did.

Kaiserschmarrn

This was hands down my favorite thing I ate during our whole trip! It's difficult to explain, but kind of like really thick crepe dough all chopped up and cooked with cinnamon, sugar, raisins, and slivered almonds. It was served with an apple compote to dip in. This was so good that I ate until it was no longer possible. I will be trying hard to replicate this over the Summer! And a note about this meal - It's a lunch, not breakfast. Those Bavarians have their meals all flip flopped

Yummy sandwich (I have no idea what this was called)

We had this in Copenhagen. It had roasted pork, red cabbage, sliced apples, pickles, a mild but tasty sauce (I think it was mayo with a couple things added), and really crunchy pieces of pork fat. The bread was a little bit crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. PLUS, it was served on a slate plate!


This is obviously just a glimpse since we were gone for two weeks, but you're definitely looking at some of the best food we ate! 

Key word - SOME. 

Food is such a pleasure : )


No comments:

Post a Comment