November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Recap and Menu

Our Thanksgiving dinner was very traditional. Green bean casserole with cream of mushroom soup, stuffing with ALL the butter, pecan pie with ALL the sugar, and so on and so forth. It's once a year, so I currently have no interest in changing any of the recipes to be healthier. On Thanksgiving I'm okay with health waiting until tomorrow (or until the next week since our leftovers lasted a few days). I didn't stuff my face, but the pecan pie  did make me a little bit uncomfortably full : / ....Oh well.

When I was planning the meal I didn't know how many people I would be serving, but that didn't really matter because I always seem to make the same amount of food regardless of who is coming on Thanksgiving. Last year we had 9 at our table and this year we had 5. That being said, you can imagine the amount of leftovers we had!

Though I didn't take too many pictures on Thanksgiving, I did manage to get a few. Here's a tiny little glimpse into our day.


 Marshall making lunch, Olivier making dinner. I finally figured out how to sit down and delegate ; )


Theresa sitting down to dinner


The turkey...Or some of it.


This picture is really yellow, but I still had to share it so you could see Marshall's beautiful decoration for the pecan pie. There's a reason I made the pie and he made the decor. If I attempted that it probably would've looked like a deformed turkey foot.


So now that we managed to finish the leftovers (mostly) it's time to start cooking again! Which, even after Thanksgiving, I am looking forward to.


Here's what I know I'll be making:

Sunday - Penne with steak and creamy tomato sauce, green beans on the side

Monday - Turkey soup -- Basically chicken dumpling soup with turkey broth and turkey meat.

Tuesday - Quinoa and wild rice tossed with roasted sweet potatoes, toasted pecans, craisins, apples, sage, chicken, and sausage with a honey lemon sauce -- A meal made with a bunch of things I have laying around. 

Wednesday - Probably leftover turkey soup

Thursday - Dinner with our church group

Friday - Turkey quinoa meatballs with creamy tomato sauce, veggie unknown



Now it's time to get back on track before Christmas and all the cookies that come with it : )



1 comment: