January 25, 2015

Menu and My Exciting Time Blogging

Sunday - massaged kale salad with lentils and sweet potatoes (recipe coming soon!), a bread experiment on the side

Monday - sausage potato kale skillet

Tuesday - sweet potato-carrot-apple-red lentil souprustic sourdough bread

Wednesday - roasted veggie and sausage pasta

Thursday - unknown -- Not sure yet if I'm cooking for house church.

Friday - probably cheeseburger pasta


Since I started my blog almost a year and a half ago I have spent very little time planning out posts I would do in the future. Before I started the blog I took some time to think about if I actually had enough post ideas to start one, but other than that I've been wingin' it. Things just keep coming up that I want to show and/or tell you about. I've managed to have two posts almost every week even though when I post my menu over the weekend I usually have no idea what my second post will be for that week. But this is a hobby for me, not a job, so that doesn't stress me out. It doesn't bother me if a week goes by that I don't post, however, when you cook almost every day there will always be another recipe to share.....or a fail to share, or a day of eats, etc. The point is, food is a part of my everyday life, so I can basically always come up with something to say.

All of that is to tell you, this is one of those occasional times when I have SO many posts I want to do but I don't want to post them all in a week, so I am starting them and saving them as drafts for later. Which is really exciting, but more stressful than having no ideas because I just want to share them all at once!.....But I won't. I'm going to save them for those weeks when nothing comes up. All that to say, barring vacations or busy weeks, I should have two posts every week for a while. Some recipes, some thoughts and/or experiments, but something (I think).

I'm not going to do a post about these, but look what I made over the weekend! Macarons! Not to be confused with macaroons. They weren't as pretty as they could have been, and the texture wasn't perfect, but they were still really tasty. They were part of our afternoon tea party yesterday : )





Happy cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment