January 21, 2015

Weekend Recap - No Menu This Week

A menu this week was basically pointless since I'll be spending two nights this week at work (and I don't know what I'll be cooking there), and one night I'll be at house church (and I'm not cooking this week), so that left Monday and Wednesday.

So instead I'm going to do a weekend recap. Marshall and I both had the day off on Monday, so we decided to do a project. A kitchen project that is!

This was the beginning stages of what became our dessert. Any guesses?




Here's Marshall executing his fat content calculations.




Ever heard of Great Harvest Bread Company? I was introduced to them by Aubrey, and I love what they do. They make fresh bread daily with flour they freshly mill daily, and they use very few ingredients, which is the way bread should be. After going to a girls Saturday morning breakfast, Aubrey and I stopped at Great Harvest Bread Company and brought home delicious bread to our husbands....And to ourselves. This white cinnamon swirl bread with butter (especially when paired with TJ's vanilla and cinnamon black tea {with the lemur on the box}) is an afternoon snack to remember! I'm all about homemade bread, but this is as close to that as you can come without putting  in any effort. That was a special treat : ) ....Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.




For dinner I made homemade buckwheat pasta with bacon, black beans, onions, and parsley. Buckwheat pasta has this really nice savory taste that takes your pasta dish one level up....Or two levels up. 




With the red wine, broccoli, and blacks beans this was antioxidant central! 




And our kitchen project was.....Did you guess? 

Ice cream!!

We made butter pecan (plus walnuts) icecream (plus Nutella!). It was delightful.




We toasted the nuts in an excessive amount of butter, and then added the toasty nut flavored butter to the ice cream. This was probably my favorite ice cream we have made so far.

A cup of ice cream and a game of Sequence was a nice way to spend the evening...Followed by a chapter of Farmer Boy, my current bedtime story from Marshall : )


Happy Wednesday!




5 comments:

  1. Yum. Between the noodles and the ice cream I'm not sure what I'd eat first.

    I remember going to Great Harvest as a kid, their baked goods are totally addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the black beans and bacon with the pasta! [thinking I should add a small amount of bacon fat...or duck fat to my turkey burgers ;) ;) ] And that ice cream sounds like it could compete with Jeni's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...enjoyed the cameo appearance of Marshall! (fyi...I can view other comments now)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like SUCH a delicious meal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like SUCH a delicious meal!! :)

    ReplyDelete