February 20, 2015

A Chocolate Peanut Butter Lover's Breakfast Dream

After hearing about Silk's new cashew milk, seeing it on sale, and spontaneously buying it, my brain was racing with all the ways I wanted to use it. I am sometimes inspired to make new and tasty things with normal foods like potatoes, but when I come across a new product that I have never heard of (and it actually sounds good, unlike Oreo potato chips) my mind goes wild imagining all the ways I could utilize and enjoy this new product.

Remember this chunky chocolate buckwheat granola?




What about this peanut butter oat cereal?




Do you see where I'm going with this?

(Yes, I'm just showing off my new skill of putting pictures together)


Put them side by side....




With cashew milk....




And this happens.




YUM!!!

(This is so good that I literally went and prepared myself a bowl while writing this post because it's kind of {almost} lunch time and breakfast can pass for lunch {especially when you eat it a little early})

During my excitement and spontaneity of buying cashew milk, I forgot that the regular nut milks are sweetened, and I normally buy unsweetened nut milk. They really don't add much sugar, but I mixed mine with some normal milk in this to keep the sugar level a bit lower. If you're not bothered by the extra sugar by all means enjoy the regular, but I would recommend the unsweetened version (my writing pace has seriously slowed since preparing myself this bowl of granola a minute ago).

So this is just a combination of recipes, but I'll write it recipe-style anyway


Chunky Chocolate and PB Granola with Cashew Milk 


Ingredients:
1/2 cup or desired amount of cashew milk (or any milk)
Sliced bananas (optional)

Directions:
Place granola's side by side in a bowl. If using, place sliced bananas on top of granola. Pour desired amount of milk over the top, and enjoy bites of each granola by themselves and together. I don't mix mine, but you can if you please.

To all of you chocolate peanut butter lover's out there, you're welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment