April 21, 2015

What I Buy and Why - Dairy -- Second Video Blog Post!

Technology is not my thing. We don't get along very well. It's amazing to me that I manage to run a blog, even as simple as this one. I don't plan to make an excuse each time it takes a while for me to get a video up, but this time it really was because of this problematic relationship. One minute technology is connecting me with friends and family all over the world, and the next minute I find myself crying because it betrayed me. 

I know life in previous centuries had it's own set of challenges, but not having to deal with a computer and a cell phone sounds wonderful. And please pardon the lack of video editing because I feel like I'd rather milk a cow or sheer a sheep than mess around with that.

Disclaimer: I am not formally educated in nutrition. This video conveys the opinion I have developed through my own research


What I Buy and Why - Dairy




5 Key Points for Buying Dairy


  1. Organic
  2. 100% Grass-Fed
  3. Non-Homogenized
  4. Batch pasteurized
  5. From Local Farms

Here are links for a few of the brands I know of that have quality dairy products:


Kalona Supernatural - My favorite brand!

Maple Hill Creamery

Dreaming Cow


One thing I didn't mention in the video is that I buy all full-fat dairy products. My philosophy is do as little as possible to food, and removing fat is an extra unnecessary step. And have you ever had full-fat yogurt? Try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment