April 6, 2014

Menu and True-False Answers

Monday - tuna cakes with creamy chive sauce - We have been eating these on English muffins with provolone cheese - delicious!

Wednesday - warm citrusy millet "salad" with roasted fennel and kalamata olives

Thursday - "Italian beef" - We are going to attempt this with very thinly sliced beef we found at H Mart

Friday - Grilling! - burgers on pretzel buns

Sunday - coconut curry soup

There are many good vegetables on sale this week! We'll see where my taste buds take me, but broccoli and green beans are almost certain.

Now to the true-false answers from THIS post. If you have not read the previous post, you may want to do that before reading this since all of the answers are below. Otherwise continue reading. I was a little bit tricky with how I worded a couple of my statements. Maybe you'll be surprised by some of these answers : )

1. If I could be an Olympic athlete I would be a gymnast - TRUE - I have always loved the sport and wanted to be in the Olympics, though now I am thankful that I wasn't because my body would be so beat up at such a young age.

2. Kneading a soft bread dough makes me giddy - TRUE - Nothing more to say : )


3. I'm afraid of the dark - TRUE - Usually in my own home I am okay, but don't be surprised if you find me peeking around corners, walking with my back against the wall (okay, maybe I wouldn't do this too often), or running from the kitchen to my bedroom, and you would DEFINITELY hear me sprinting for dear life from my car to the front door. Don't believe me? Ask my Mom.


4. If I had easy access to a McDonald's I would have gone there yesterday - TRUE - for ONE reason. Shamrock shake.


5. If I had to adopt a farm animal it would be a chicken - TRUE - I would love to have the fresh eggs. Otherwise you wouldn't catch me and a chicken alive in the same room. 


6. I want this blog to be considered a health blog - FALSE - Yes, I certainly talk about health because it's a passion of mine, however, this is a FOOD blog, and other little tidbits of our life along the way.


7. If I had an all expense paid opportunity to start a bakery in Europe I would do it - FALSE - Only because I wouldn't want to be away from my family. PLUS, my baked goods probably wouldn't live up to the right standards.


8. I had a dream that I was running another marathon - TRUE - Maybe it will become a reality. Maybe in Chicago. And maybe in 2015....


9. I regularly say that we should try the barter system again - TRUE - I'll give you fermented food products and fresh breads if you give me dairy products to ferment (which I will share with you), additional dairy to have fresh, and eggs. I think it's worth a shot ; ) ...I'm obviously planning to live near a farm......which means I may also ask for some beef in exchange for coffee cake. 

10. Walking to Trader Joe's is in my top five ways to have me time - TRUE - Along with kneading bread dough and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment